Wednesday, January 14, 2009


Last week we heard that there was going to be tryouts for the play Oliver. I asked Quincey and Gracie if they would like to give it a try and they both said yes. First of all that is so not like Quincey to get up by herself and sing in front of people that she doesn't really know all to well. I was really surprise she wanted to do it.


After a couple of days of practicing the primary song, (If The Savior Stood Beside Me) we headed over to the show house to try out. As soon as we got there some kids were reading parts out of the script. (I forgot to tell them that they were going to have to read.) Instantly they both wanted to go home & didn't want to do it anymore. (Bribery really does work) Quincey got up there and did so awesome, every note was on tune and I could actually hear her. On the other hand Gracie got to scared when she got up on the stage and started crying.....

We just got the call last night..Quincey is going to be an orphan, and even better news they are going to let Gracie be an orphan too.

4 comments:

Amy N. said...

Quicey really did do an AWESOME job and I heard Gracie practice and know that she would have too! I am so glad you told me about it and let Jacey tag along. I think they will have SO much fun! I am excited to live vicariously through them.

THE HORSLEYS said...

We will definitely be going to this show so we can see the girls! I've never seen that musical anyway, and people always start singing the song from it when I tell them Oliver's name; they assume that's where we got the name from. Annoying.

Mrs. Butterworth said...

That is so exciting! Tell them congratulations for me. I will definitely have to venture down from Logan to see it. They are dolls!!

R Cadina said...

Yeah! Congrats! What a good mom u r to do that for them. :0)