Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween 2010

The kids had a great time walking around the neighborhood to trick or treat... FAITH: was always the first one to a door to trick or treat and the first one to head to the next house.. (don't think she stopped running the whole time and came home with a blister on her foot from her shoes.) COOP: was always lagging behind checking out his candy in his bag and untwisting his handles to his bag that kept getting tangled... QUINCEY: kept saying "I wish some kids my age were out trick or treating"... most the night she was embarrassed that she was dressed up and out trick or treating with her little brother and sisters... and GRACIE: lets just say she was just being Grace, chilling and having a good time... oh wait she did pull a graceful move and twisted both her ankles just as we were getting started...

I am thinking this picture pretty much expresses how everyone is feeling at the time this photo was being taken.... good thing I was taking the picture and not in it cuz none of us were feeling the love!! Glad the kids had a great Halloween!! It was always so much fun being young and carefree, eating all the candy you wanted without having to worry where you were going to carry it the next day (butt, thighs, tummy, maybe your muffin top... )






Now my real thoughts on Halloween.... I might sound like the Grinch of Halloween but I am starting to hate it more and more every year!! This is why: trunk or treat on Tuesday...candy candy candy.... school parties...more candy candy candy... day care at the gym... even more candy...don't forget the school carnivals... usually a waste of time and money... and more candy again...then the real Halloween day comes and we trick or treat to get more candy.... SHEESH none of this makes sense... Why do we even have Halloween?? I really seriously don't know why we do... Anyways I will get off my soap box...

On another subject I sure am missing my mom today...Really would have enjoyed either hanging out at her house after trick or treating.. or even just a phone call would be nice. She always made the best orange popcorn balls for Halloween...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mom did make Awesome popcorn balls. Dido on your feelings of all the candy. I like dressing them up don't love how it makes me crabby trying to get everybody ready.

Sharon said...

It seemed like when I was a kid you had one night of trick or treating and a cupcake at the school party but I hear ya on the rest! It seems like it has been one big Halloween party ALL week long! We don't do the trunk or treat thing for that reason. I figure they get enough candy going to a few houses trick or treating:)
Your kids costumes are AWESOME! Nice job on the face paint!! Quincey's age is hard in that your not sure whether to dress up or if your too old for that now.

Sherri said...

Totally agree with you! I've never really like Halloween, now it's just a fight deciding what they want to wear, getting them dressed up and then fighting them with how much candy they can have each day after halloween.

THE HORSLEYS said...

Wow, the girls' makeup was awesome! I know, tons of candy just means it's in my house and I end up eating a lot of it! And I too loved Mom's orange popcorn balls; I'll never forget that she brought some to me at the hospital the day after Halloween when I had Oli. They tasted sooooo good right then!