Wednesday, April 15, 2009

WhAT tHe hEck!!!!

I don't usually like to be negative on my blog, but I think I might be having a midlife crisis and I need to have a venting session. Lately I've been so irritable, angry and just plain pissed off. The sad part is I truly have no reason to feel this way, and I am not usually like this. I think that part of it is this.
It seems that as a mom I can't have two seconds to my self, whether its:

when I am asleep in my bed(Faith is always right next to me or on me.)
I can't go to the bathroom by myself without 2 watchers
I am usually never in the car by myself(always listening to what my kids want or watching a movie)
can't keep a water bottle to myself (I always catch my kids sneaking a drink and sliming my bottle)
can't take a shower or a bath without an audience
just bought a new cd the other day and my kids have already lost its case(you can never keep anything nice)
can't eat my dinner without kids wanting a bite of mine

I think I need to take a well earned (girls) vacation. I could care less where I go, but I am feeling like I need a day or two to my very own self. I think the only reason I am not completely crazy is that I take a mini vacation to the gym just about everyday. I love it! It is my time to think what I want & do what I want. (and to get rid of the fat I somehow got)
I know I sound a bit selfish, but sometimes venting helps you come back to the real world so sorry for the all this.
I would not trade my kids for anything in the world!!!!! I love them to the moon and back!!

On another note, I had the best dinner tonight. At Costco you can buy a pre mixed salad in a bag, and it comes with the dressing, feta cheese, cranberries, and almonds. Anyways I slice up some strawberries and opened a can of chicken and it made the best chicken salad. For rabbit it food it tasted pretty dang good!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't live with them, can't live without them? Hang in there, hopefully this will pass soon. At least your eating good, these moments are when I grab the junk.

Sharon said...

I hear ya! It's not like things ever change, but sometimes it just gets to you more than others! I always feel like it would be nice to get away but then I don't want to leave my kids. Why is that? Kudos to you for sticking with your diet. I am definitely in a slump with everything. Right now being healthy is not at the top of my priority list:(

Amy N. said...

YUMMY dinner! I had a little chuckle at your post because by changing the names I could have written it about my house too. I don't think you are being selfish either...who was it in last year's general conference that said it is time for mom's to be more appreciated and to make time for themselves and that their families needed to support THEM. I will hunt for it for both our families :)

I love that we can go to the gym it is a GREAT escape for an hour or so a day.

So tomorrow night right? Get away for a few hours at least. Then maybe one of these weekends we can head out somewhere for the night.

Kat said...

You said it! I always think that when I am running - the only person I have to worry about right now is ME! Maybe that is why my runs are getting longer?

I think you are an awesome Mom. You are so patient with your kids and everyone elses kids too.

We all need a good vent once in awhile.

Kat said...

By-the-way, I think the quote Amy is talking about was Elder Ballard Spring 2008.

Anonymous said...

Kaydee you are a wonderful mom and I am so, so, so grateful for you! Dutch and I know that our precious grandkids are so loved and well taken care of and that they have an awesome mommy! You vent all you want girl! All of us moms feel that way at times and its so healthy to be able to get it out and have "sister moms" that we can relate to. You are such a blessing to your family and to me.
I love YOU to the moon and back!
P.S. I'll take care of your kids when you plan your weekend escape,K?

Anganette. EncourageOneAnother said...

Only 2 others in the bathroom? I have often asked, "Why does everyone have to be in the bathroom while I am going?" Kelsey says it's the only time I sit still long enough to listen. I am trying harder to listen better at other times.

Sherri said...

DIDO... I totally agree. I have two out of the three kids that are followers and it drives me crazy some days, so I end up shutting the doors and then I hear pounding the whole time I am in the room. I think that you just said what we all feel. I'm in on the break!

Danielle said...

hee hee hee.

Aint life grand.

You should get some girldfriends (dare I suggest Nate??) and leave your kids at my Moms - then spend a weekend at the Grand America. It'a heaven.

R Cadina said...

I think we ALL feel that way sometimes! I think it's somewhat validating to put down everything into words...see how selfless and amazing you are! But, it also really does mean you need AND DESERVE a break!! And, there's nothing wrong with that. :0) You can always come here!! What we should do is plan a few days for whoever wants in on it to go to Bear Lake! Maybe in June? I can't remember if you've been over to my grandma's house, but she has a nice house over there and we could hang out at the beach and eat yummy food, play games, do pedicures, watch movies...whatever! Just let me know when you want to come! Me and Tawnya would definitely be in!!

Unknown said...

Count me in, we can all catch up, and have a fun girls getaway weekend, with some fun in the sun.